Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Shelf Display

My husband knows that I enjoy crafting, decorating, and all the things he cannot comprehend why I enjoy them. He usually gets frustrated at all the things I want to buy, or do buy, because he doesn't understand what is so thrilling about decorating! We've come to an agreement that I would have a "seasonal shelf," which is placed in our entry way.

Each month I get excited decorate the shelf in a new way and buy a few things from the dollar store, DI, or my favorite local home decor shops to make it just a tiny bit better than last year (or in reference to ST. Patrick's day last year, it became an actual holiday on the shelf this year). I love it. I love that it gives me my little space, I don't have TOO much to store in seasonal decorations each year, and it makes celebrating all the holidays (even small ones) so much more fun for me!

This year was the first time I ever decorated for Mother's Day, and I have to say, it is probably my most favorite "shelf display" I have done YET! Probably because it is filled with people I love so much! I love the family history, the love, and wonderful women that have been in mine and my husband's life that is displayed in such a small space!

I want to share with you my "Mother's Day Shelf" in hopes that maybe you can find a "shelf" in your home and be as excited as I am each month when a new holiday or season arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment