Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Tribute

Today is Mother's Day, and what a great day it has been. I have been blessed with a beautiful little girl, and a husband who loves me so much, a family who does nothing less of helping me to become my best, and friends to help me remember to have some "girl time" along the way.

For MANY years, Mother's Day was probably one of the worst days ever celebrated in my world, because it only reminded me of the relationship I didn't have with my mother, whom I only remember her image through photographs. I have longed and wished for that relationship to grow, and over the years I have learned and had experiences that have helped me realize, she is never far. The flip side of this, has also made me realize that Mother's Day is such a beautiful, and great day to remember those whom we love and have helped us become who we needed to be, and guided us to be the "Moms" we are today.

I have always struggled with Mother's Day talks, and how they almost always choose men to be the speaker, and talk about how "great mothers are" and they always refer to their wives, their mother's, and how grateful they are for them. Don't get me wrong, they ARE amazing, but I also think that a large portion of women are often forgotten on this day.

I wish that for once, someone would get up to the podium and say, "You are all Mother's, every woman in this room. Having a child of your own, is not the only qualifying factor that makes you a mother." SO many women struggle to have children of their own, are not at the point of having children in their lives (whether young or old), or have their own mothers-whom are not a part of their life, and all of those women, I think would agree, that mother's day is a big fat reminder of all of those hopes and dreams you don't have.

My life has been filled with so many beautiful and wonderful women, who have took me under their wings, and guided me through life as IF they were my mother (and many of those are outside of my family). I have truly felt loved by others simply because of their actions, their words, and most importantly their examples of what a righteous woman should be, and how I can someday be, just like them. Mother's are women, who have been given the ability to infinitely love God's children, in ways that no man can ever love. He gave women the ability to nurture, and strengthen themselves, other women, and children whom they come in contact with. He puts people in certain places, like Primary Teachers, Young Women Leaders, or Visiting Teachers, whatever the role may be, so that we may all be Mothers; with infinite love to those we serve. I know that I have been blessed by those women, who have reached out to me, and my family, whom I would call a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th... the list goes on and on, "Mother" in my life.

The world is blessed to have such beautiful, imperfect, yet loving beyond all measure, women in this world who can make a difference in people's lives by being a "Mother." In my opinion, as a daughter of God, you were meant to be a Mother in all circumstances, whether through your own children, your child's friend, the children you teach or mentor, the women you visit teach, the sisters you serve, the neighbor down the street, or the little girl who lost her mother at age 3. YOU were meant to love in all capabilities possible on this earth, YOU were meant to influence those for good, and YOU were meant to be a "Mother." 

I know that God will make all things work out in the Heavens. I know that we will all have families, whether in this life or the next, and that you will be a beautiful, holy, righteous woman, called by God to do the most important calling in this world and the world hereafter, TO BE A MOTHER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment