Thursday, August 21, 2014

Banana Cake

Photo from journeytothepastblog.blogspot.com
Banana Bread is my absolute favorite thing EVER! Seriously, it was what I asked for my birthdays for many years because I love it! A few weeks ago, my husband had a random cooking mood and decided to make banana cake (he didn't even remember I love banana bread) and was so shocked when I was in LOVE with it (no- I will not tell you how much of it I ate).

I was so in love, I asked him if we could make it again but experiment a little. The second time around, we added less sugar, more bananas, and chocolate and butterscotch chips! SO good! We didn't even end up making the frosting, just ate it as is! I even loved this cake so much, I asked him to make it for me for my birthday next year! :)

Here's the scoop on this deliciousness!

1 c. sugar                                              
1/2 c butter or margarine                        
2 eggs                                                    
1 cup buttermilk                                    
2 cups flour                                            
1 tsp baking powder                                
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 ripe/mushed bananas
1/2 c butter/marg.
1 cup brown sugar, not packed
1/4 cup milk
1 1/3 c powdered sugar

Cream together sugar, 1/2 c  butter, buttermilk (can substitute 1 c milk and 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice-just let it sit for 5 minutes). Add flour, baking soda, eggs, and banana. Put in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool. To make the icing combine butter and brown sugar. Stirring constantly, boil on low heat for 2 minutes. Add milk and stir just to boiling. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (about 15 minutes). Add by whisking in the powdered sugar. Pour over cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment