Thursday, January 23, 2014

Carpet Cleaner

This morning my little one coughed so much that she ended up throwing up ALL over my floor! It was a not a pretty sight! I frantically thought, how am I going to get THAT color out of my white carpet?! Then I remembered a "carpet cleaner" recipe I found on pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.

Well, I have to say, I wanted to spare you from the before and after pictures of my poor girl's mess, but I did take pictures of another horrifying stain that  has been there for MONTHS and I was afraid I could never get out (we're renters)! But it worked wonders! Here are the results!

I found this magical recipe on Lizzy Writes: Magical Carpet Cleaner

The recipe goes as follows:
1. Scrape up the liquid (if not already done so previously)
2. Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on stain to let absorb for 10 minutes and then vacuum.
3. Mix one tablespoon clear dish washing liquid and one tablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
4. Using a white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution and blot until all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry

P.S. I only had orange dish washing liquid, and it worked just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment